Edit: Corrected the price after catching an error in my numbers.
Trying to do this has been an interesting endevour (note the metric spelling?
Since I can't really add any value to a 'plain ole' systainer, I really didn't want to be in the middle. I tried to just facilitate this by encouraging a dealer to step up to the plate. So, let me start by telling you what DIDN'T work:
• No dealers wanted to order these in for stock. No real shocker there.
• No dealer I talked to was willing to do a group buy. I tried.
• Tanos is unable or unwilling to offer either the Fein-branded Systainer or the inserts. If you want an insert you're on your own.
Now, let me tell you the good news:
I *have* been able to put together a potential deal:
• It is for an orange Sys 2 with an orange or black latch - majority rules.
•I will need to have orders for at least 30 units.
• The systainers will ship from Germany in about 2 months, and will come to me on a pallet. I will need to break down the pallet, re-pack the systainers individually, and ship them out to each buyer. I would need to buy boxes and bubble-wrap and tape.
Now - one more piece of 'less than good' news. For me to do this the price will have to be $100 per systainer INCLUDING shipping. I realize that this is a LOT for one systainer, and I understand if it makes this deal not attractive. I'm not sure that I would pay that much myself!
Let me know what you think, and if there is still enough interest I will start a new thread for orders.