We are now accepting sign ups for another intro to Festool end user training class. See the details below, let me know if you have questions. Thanks!Sign up now!Course Description:
As the next step in the development of Festool end-user focused classes, we are calling for entries for a 2-day class focused on the basics of the Festool System. The class will take place at our training facility in Henderson, NV, and will be geared towards existing power tool users who have a basic or limited knowledge of the Festool System.
In this class, we will cover the essential components of the Festool System, including TS Plunge Cut Saws, Dust Extractors, MFT Multifunction Tables, Jigsaws, Sanders, Kapex, Routers, Domino and more. Existing Festool users will learn to get the most of their existing tools by going through basic application exercises and simple calibration techniques. Participants with limited Festool experience will learn new methods of work through an introduction to the broader line of Festool Tools and Accessories.
Though there will be some limited classroom-style presentations, the bulk of the class time will be spent in the practical training room, using the tools. Safety is an extremely high priority in this setting, and though we are billing the class as a novice to intermediate level, we request that registrants have experience with, and are comfortable using power tools such as saws, routers, joiners and sanders.
Safety glasses and earplugs will be required during all tool use. In addition, participants will be asked to sign a standard liability waiver
at the outset of class. If this presents a problem, please let us know beforehand, since this will impact our ability to allow you to work with the tools. What will I learn?
How do I apply and how are participants selected?
- Work cleaner and more efficiently with system-based, fully integrated Dust Extraction
- Accurate and safe processing of a 4 x 8 sheet goods with the TS Plunge Cut Saw
- Precision ripping with the TS Saw and FS Parallel Guides
- General crosscutting, dimensioning and routing using the Multifunction Table
- Dimensioning of trim, and the basics of crown molding using the Kapex Miter Saw
- Construction of basic joints using the Domino Joiner (beveled, mitered, edge, face, etc.)
- Basic techniques for precision routing with the OF 1400 Router (dados, rabbets, profiles, etc.)
- Basic techniques for efficient and Dust-Free Sanding, including sander selection, abrasive selection and general progression from rough to fine-finish
If you are interested in participating, please click here to complete this online survey
, and provide a few details about yourself. If you have applied for previous end-user training events, you will need to re-apply for this one. Attendees are accepted on a first-come basis.
We will notify selected participants (as well as a handful of alternates) by email. The one thing we ask of our selected participants is that you arrive on time and stick around for the full two days.Travel and Accommodations:
Participants are responsible for all travel and accommodations. We will be glad to help you make hotel reservations at our preferred local establishment (Sunset Station in Henderson, NV). And for those participants staying at our preferred hotel, Festool will arrive for pick-up on both days at 7:30am.
Festool will provide basic refreshments (bagels and coffee) in the morning, and lunch will be provided both days.
Since some of the best conversations happen outside of the classroom, we will plan either a cookout or a group dinner on the first night following class.When & Where?
|Class date:||March 14-15|
|Class location:||Festool USA Henderson Nevada Training Center, 125 N. Gibson Rd., Henderson, NV|
|Class size:||6-8 |
* Please note: Attendees will be responsible for all expenses related to travel and accommodations.Class Feedback:
We plan to reserve at least an hour at the end of the second day to get everyone's feedback on the class. We want to hear what you thought about the class structure and material covered, among other things. Festool training personnel in attendance:
- teve Bace, Tool and Application Trainer
There may also be additional members of the Festool USA team present periodically throughout the training event.