OK, here is a bodge for the feeble ratchet on the new(ish) TS hose connector outlet.
This discussion made me have a proper look at it. I show a few pics below. Firstly, you have to free off the captive locking ring - I warmed it up a bit with my hot air gun and prised it off with a screwdriver - I could have done a neater job with some more patience, but it will all form back together with some more heat.
You can see that the "ratchet" operates with two plastic fingers the ends of which engage in the ridges on the edge of the section fixed to the saw. I figured that the ratchet would be stiffer if I reduced the play in the fingers - I cut a couple of little pieces of pvc, shaped roughly to the gap and glued them in with superglue.
The end result is definitely much stiffer; we'll see how long it lasts, but the angle I require doesn't change much so it should not get too much wear.
Conclusion - worth the effort, but should not have been necessary 😬