Introducing Ryan’s SYS-Stacker Inserts: Router Bit StorageNo Longer Accepting OrdersProduction Update: This project has been cancelled, and refunds are being issues to those who placed pre-orders. I'll be posting a reply on this thread with additional details.
So, what makes these inserts so cool?
- Mix and match to fit your specific T-LOC Systainer, from SYS1 to SYS5: two deck configurations, and three different “riser kits.” (For optimal configurations to fit your Systainer, see bottom of post.)
- A dual-shank hole design means you can insert your 1/2" and 1/4" router bits into the same hole! (Option available for 8mm bits as well -- see FAQ below for details.)
- Each deck is stackable, making it easy to quickly access your bits, no matter how far down you put them.
- Each deck is made from 25mm thick Baltic birch plywood, coated with a top layer of finish color-matched to Festool’s official RAL 6018 yellow/green.
- Incredible capacity: closed decks hold more than 200 bits, and open decks hold over 170 bits--limited only by the cutting diameter of your bits.
- Cut with CNC precision, so every piece fits perfectly.
- Ships flat-packed (to save on shipping costs), with easier-than-IKEA assembly and screws included.
- Have I mentioned the FOG logo on the handle? :-)
Let's discuss the decks: open or closed?
A closed deck is best for maximizing the router bit capacity, is ideal for smaller Systainers (SYS 1 and SYS2), and also works well as a lower or bottom deck on larger Systainers (SYS3 and up). The open deck serves as a perfect top-level for larger Systainers, and with this open design, you can store particularly tall bits in this area without having to worry about headroom.
What kit is best for my particular Systainer?
See below for my recommended kit, guaranteed to fit. (Note that I have not tested fitment on Systainer Classics; just the T-LOCs.) I've also added the total price (shipped CONUS) here, for maximum clarity.SYS 1 T-LOC Systainer – Recommended Configuration – $32 Shipped CONUS
Closed deck, small handle, plugs instead of risers. This configuration will accommodate router bits ranging from 70 to 80 mm in total length. SYS 2 T-LOC Systainer – Recommended Configuration – $32 Shipped CONUS
Closed deck, large handle, plugs instead of risers. This configuration will accommodate router bits ranging from 120 to 130 mm in total length. If you’ve got a router bit longer than that, I’d love to see it.SYS 3 T-LOC Systainer – Recommended Configuration – $61 Shipped CONUS
The preferred Systainer for this insert. One closed deck with medium handle and risers, one open deck with small handle and plugs instead of risers. This configuration will accommodate router bits ranging from 68 to 96 mm in total length, and the “open area” will accommodate bits larger than that. SYS 4 T-LOC Systainer – Recommended Configuration – $90 Shipped CONUS
Two closed decks with medium handle and risers, one open deck with small handle and plugs instead of risers. This configuration will accommodate router bits up to 96 mm long under the covered portions, and any bits longer than that can be stored in the open area. SYS 5 T-LOC Systainer – Recommended Configuration – $119 Shipped CONUS
Three closed decks, with small, medium, and large handles and risers. One open deck, with small handle and plugs instead of risers.