Author Topic: Vacuum clamp pod  (Read 1857 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline simonh

  • Posts: 62
Vacuum clamp pod
« on: December 15, 2018, 03:38 PM »
I have an idea for a vacuum clamps for a specific Festool related purpose.

However, I need a valve like used on the VacSys pods... the sort of one-way spring loaded valve which allows the vacuum to suck when it is depressed, otherwise stops the vacuum when the wood is removed. Surely there is a name for this type of thing (like a one-way valve?)  I've gone trough quite a few pneumatic related websites but cannot see what I'm looking for. Anyone got and ideas what its called or where to look?

Festool USA does not pre-approve the contents of this website nor endorse the application or use of any Festool product in any way other than in the manner described in the Festool Instruction Manual. To reduce the risk of serious injury and/or damage to your Festool product, always read, understand and follow all warnings and instructions in your Festool product's Instruction Manual. Although Festool strives for accuracy in the website material, the website may contain inaccuracies. Festool makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material on this website or about the results to be obtained from using the website. Festool and its affiliates cannot be responsible for improper postings or your reliance on the website's material. Your use of any material contained on this website is entirely at your own risk. The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.

Offline PeterJJames13

  • Posts: 83
Re: Vacuum clamp pod
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Is it available through Festool parts? Here is a screenshot of Ekat.....

Offline Peter Halle

  • Global Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 11847
Re: Vacuum clamp pod
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 07:01 PM »
I wasn’t entirely sure what part you are looking for, but here is a link to a site that  have used for vacuum clamping parts that might help:


Offline simonh

  • Posts: 62
Re: Vacuum clamp pod
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

It was the pressure sensitive ball valve in the link Peter posted that I was looking for.