Author Topic: Toolnut and Woodpecker OneTIME Tool - When is card charged?  (Read 1378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dlu@canishe.com

  • Posts: 93
Does anybody know when your card is charged if you order a Woodpecker OneTIME Tool through Toolnut.com?

Offline Shane Holland

  • Festool Dealer
  • *
  • Posts: 10496
    • The Tool Nut's Festool Store
Re: Toolnut and Woodpecker OneTIME Tool - When is card charged?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:41 PM »
@Douglas Urner,

Shane here from The Tool Nut. I know!  [big grin]

Since these are special order items and credit card authorizations only last for 30 days, we collect payment at the end of the order payment. For the current OneTIME tools, we will be charging credit cards some time next week more than likely. Orders can be cancelled and refunded if you change your mind.

Shane
shane@toolnut.com
Buy Festool Online" class="bbc_img
Fast, Free Shipping - Festool Trained Experts - Unparalleled Customer Service
Toolnut.com and FestoolProducts.com

Offline McNally Family

  • Posts: 614
  • Festool Atomic Phaser Particle Blaster (APPB Set)
Re: Toolnut and Woodpecker OneTIME Tool - When is card charged?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Does anybody know when your card is charged if you order a Woodpecker OneTIME Tool through Toolnut.com?

@Douglas Urner

If you don't like your credit card being charged months before you receive your item, you can always order directly from Woodpecker, who charges your card the day they ship the tool.  It is not really a big deal for inexpensive items (which are rare from woodpecker), but when your talking about hundreds of dollars, it becomes more of an issue, for me at least.

Here is Woodpeckers Credit card policy:

"Credit Card Policy. Please note if you're paying by credit card, you will not be charged until your order is ready to ship. However Paypal and other payment services may charge you at the time the order is placed".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:27 AM by McNally Family »
GREEN: In order of purchase = | CT26  |  RS 2 E | Hose w/ Sleeve 3.5m | 115mm X 226mm Hand Sanding Block | 80mm X 133mm Hand Sanding Block | HSK D21.5 5m hose | CT Boom Arm Bundle Set | 1080 Plate for custom MFT | OF 1400 EQ Router (metric) w/accessories | SYS-Rock BR10 | Cordless Sander RTSC 400 Set |  Cordless Delta Sander DTSC 400 Basic | Linear Sander LS 130 | PDC 18/4 set | CXS  2.6Ah Set | Installer Cleaning Set (2018 version) |  New style Festool hose D 27/32 x 3,5m AS/CT | Replacement Hose Garage | Remote control CT-F I/M-Set | MFH1000 work stool | Next purchase: TBD

RED: // Mafell P1cc  //  MT55cc  // Next purchase: TBD

Offline Shane Holland

  • Festool Dealer
  • *
  • Posts: 10496
    • The Tool Nut's Festool Store
Re: Toolnut and Woodpecker OneTIME Tool - When is card charged?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Woodpeckers charges shipping, I believe. We offer free shipping on orders over $100, which is virtually every OneTIME Tool.
Buy Festool Online" class="bbc_img
Fast, Free Shipping - Festool Trained Experts - Unparalleled Customer Service
Toolnut.com and FestoolProducts.com

Offline GregBradley

  • Posts: 192
Re: Toolnut and Woodpecker OneTIME Tool - When is card charged?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 10:42 PM »
I believe you are "playing with fire" by charging a customer's card before actually shipping the tool. In the 6 different card processing companies that I have or have had for different businesses ALL of them specify that the card can not be charged until the day of shipment. It is simply a violation of their terms to charge a card and then ship the tool even the next day.
In my businesses that ship mail order our system works out that 95% of the orders ship the same day the card is charged with the other 5% shipping the next day.
I have bought several Woodpecker one time tools and never been charged until the tool was shipped. NONE of those were directly through Woodpeckers.
I have been fairly pleased with my purchases from Toolnut but none of them were Woodpecker items and don't mean this as any criticism of Toolnut.