Author Topic: MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt  (Read 1152 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SoonerFan

  • Posts: 419
MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Does anyone know what type/length of bolt is needed to connect the "hockey puck" that came with the MFS to an OF1400?  I cannot seem to find it.  I am hoping I can just get one at the local hardware store since the MFS is discontinued here in the US.


Festool USA does not pre-approve the contents of this website nor endorse the application or use of any Festool product in any way other than in the manner described in the Festool Instruction Manual. To reduce the risk of serious injury and/or damage to your Festool product, always read, understand and follow all warnings and instructions in your Festool product's Instruction Manual. Although Festool strives for accuracy in the website material, the website may contain inaccuracies. Festool makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material on this website or about the results to be obtained from using the website. Festool and its affiliates cannot be responsible for improper postings or your reliance on the website's material. Your use of any material contained on this website is entirely at your own risk. The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.

Offline jobsworth

  • Posts: 5322
  • Does Anyone Know What Time It Is?
Re: MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Have u checked EKAT? Though the MFS has been discontinued they still should have parts for it.
You can also give FT service a call

Offline Brice Burrell

  • Posts: 7358
  • Remodeling Contractor
    • The Green and Dark Blue blog
Re: MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 12:54 PM »
BY hockey puck do you mean the black plastic part that is used to prevent the router from tipping?  If so, it doesn't bolt on. You use it with copy rings.
Check out my new blog, The Green and Dark Blue Blog.

Offline Dongar

  • Posts: 82
Re: MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 01:01 PM »
If you are talking about the attachment that keeps the router from tipping when the mfs is set wider then the router base it is not bolted on . you use a festool guide ring (bushing) that matches one of the 4 radii that are cast into the puck. The ring goes into the slot and drags the puck around. I use the 30mm because it is the same size that is needed to use the mfs to make circles

Offline SoonerFan

  • Posts: 419
Re: MFS "Hockey Puck" Bolt
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:34 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  I somehow remembered that it needed a bolt but now that Brice showed the picture with the coping ring it makes perfect sense.  Thanks all.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:52 PM by Peter Halle »