I'm doing a job this winter that involves a kitchen. Cabinets are currently varnished Oak, headed towards paint grade (Cottage White). I'm going to do the prep on everything and sub out a spray finish on the doors and drawer fronts. Here's the order of operations I'm thinking about and the products. Any input is appreciated!
1) Remove hardware, label, TSP wash, etc
2) Sand, round sharp corners
3) Fill oak grain with unknown product - any favorites?
4) Prime with XIM UMA Primer
5) Fill and sand any imperfections
6) Prime again
7) Sand down everything to a chalky powder with my Festool toys
Send off the drawer fronts and doors to a spray finisher that recommends General Finishes Enduro White Poly - thoughts on this finish?
9) 2 coats Impervo on the bodies/face frames
I'd love to hear any thoughts, thanks for looking!