Well, I alluded to us beginning a new video contest on the forum earlier this week. Consider this the official announcement that the contest has begun. The good news: Australian forum members can participate. The bad news: UK members cannot. The silver lining: Festool UK elected not to participate because they will be having their own video contest in the coming months, so you guys will have your chance at prizes albeit not on the forum.
The premise of the contest is to produce one or more how-to or instructional videos and/or testimonial style videos.How to Enter- Please use proper safety equipment including ear and eye protection.
- Any video showing unsafe practices will be disqualified.
- Your video does not have to be "professional" looking or edited. Feel free to just do an impromptu video with your smartphone.
- Videos must be one of two types: a testimonial video or a video showing Festool being used in an application of your choosing.
- Your application style video can be of any Festool power tool or accessory of your choosing in the case. Testimonial videos do not need to feature a Festool product, but may.
- Videos should be less than 5 minutes in length.
- You may enter multiple videos to increase your odds of winning, but each video must be on a unique tool or accessory. Limit ten videos per contest participant.
- Videos showing what comes in the box or just going over the features of the tools are not eligible for this contest, but we do appreciate them.
- Contest entries must be received no later than 11:59pm Eastern Time on January 20th, 2014
- Videos must be your own original material and must be posted to YouTube on or after Dec. 20th, 2013.
- Must be 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, Australia, or Canada excluding Quebec.
- Festool employees, forum moderators, dealers and other Festool affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- Post your YouTube video in the "How To
" for instructional/how-to style videos or "Review
" section for testimonial videos during the entry period to submit your entry.
- All entries may be used by Festool USA and Festool Australia for marketing or other purposes.
- Festool USA and Festool Australia reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal or greater value.The Prizes for US/Canadian Entries
We'll select a random winner from each category (testimonial and application video). Each randomly selected winner will receive $500 (USD) in "Festool bucks" to spend on whatever Festool gear they choose.
A third randomly selected winner from entries that feature a Domino DF 500, Domino XL DF 700, or Planex LHS 225 will receive $500 (USD) in "Festool bucks".
The first 20 US and Canadian contest participants will receive Festool swag (shirt and hat). I will contact you via PM or email for your address and shirt size.The Prizes for Australian Entries
Festool Australia will be randomly selecting a single winner from the entries submitted who will receive $1000 (AUD) in "Festool bucks" to spend on whatever Festool gear they choose.Good luck to everyone!
Example of a testimonial style video:
Example of an instructional style video: