Members can now attach image files inline in their posts by using the "Insert Inline Image..." pull-down menu. With this new feature, images, links to images, or links to files can appear neatly in the text of your posts rather than all at the bottom as attachments. Here are the steps to follow to take advantage of this forum feature:
1. Open up a posting window as you normally do.
2. Scroll down and click on "Additional Options..." to open the "Attach:" area. Browse your hard drive for any files you wish to use in your post. Attach up to the full 10 images allowed.
3. After all the files you wish to use in your post are attached, scroll back up to your post and use the "Insert Inline Image..." pull-down menu to choose from five available options, as shown below:
4. When the code appears on the screen, change the "#" to the number corresponding to the file in your list of attachments. For example, change it to "1" to use the first file, "2" to use the second file, and so on up to "10" for all attached files. If you're using the "URL Address for an Image" option, change the "#" to the address.
5. When you're done writing your post, click the "Post" button as you normally do. Your files now appear inline in your post.Description of the five menu choices
:URL Address for an Image
: Insert an image by typing its URL address. Make sure to enter the full address.Attached Image as Full-size
: Inserts one of your attached images so it appears full-size in the post.Attached Image as Thumbnail
: Inserts one of your attached images so it appears as a thumbnail in your post. The image expands to full-size when readers click on it.Link to Attached Image (with file info)
: Inserts a hypertext name of the file, along with the image size in KB and pixels, and how many times it has been viewed. When readers click on the text, they are prompted to open or save the file.Link to Attached Image (no file info)
: Inserts a hypertext name of the file only, without size or viewing information. When readers click on the text, they are prompted to open or save the file.Tips for easy posting
- Attach all the files you want to appear inline before you begin to write. In the "Additional Options > Attach:" area, click the "(more attachments)" option until you open up enough boxes for all your files. Then go down the line, using the "Browse..." button to the right of each box to create your full attachment list.
- If you just leave the "#" in all the code entries, the files will automatically cycle through your attachment list in the order in which they appear in the "Attached:" area.
- When you attach a file inline, it no longer appears at the bottom of your post. Any attached files that are not picked up as inline attachments remain at the bottom of your post.