Favorite Festool moments:
- In the router class, running the OF2200 with that big roundover bit down a piece of maple in one pass. Never thought that would work.
- Discovering the synergy of the Kapex laser and the smooth adjustments on the bevel setter. I can draw a complex compound angle on a chair part, set the saw with the laser and cut them all dead on. Used to fiddle for half a hour setting up the blade angle and miter gauge on a table saw and it took a few tries to get it right.
- The first time I cut sheet goods with the TS55. Just set up a cutting table on sawhorses next to the pickup, slide a sheet on and make the cut. Never gonna lift a sheet of plywood again.
- The realization that I could gang a few sheets of ply together and make the cut once.
- The realization that I could cut as accurately on the TS55 as I could on the Unisaw, not just 'break sheets down to take to the tablesaw."
<My previously aching back thanks Festool
Next year's favorite moment (I hope):
Hope to figure a method or jig for siting the Domino on small pieces, like the top of a chair leg, or on a curve.