Yes.. thought about using the roundover bit post having done it manually, the pro is that you would get a much better finish, the con is that it would be a little harder to get the entry cut in the right position (this was easy with a sqaure end, as the paper butted right up to the edge), although in retrospect, would opt for your suggestion every time.
Good memory re new arrival, yes, baby daughter (1st child) was born at the end of October so have been busy with other things, not enough garage time! Just started working on shelving and drawers for her (walnut again, bought 1m3 pallet load of waney edge board on eBay). I wanted to make it such that you could see through the drawer fronts, so prototyped the method:-
- Cut some thin strips (TS55 in CMS mod as a table saw, superb finish from cut)
- Motice the sockets using the Domino
- Round the strip edges to match Domino profile at the ends
- Pop the "slats" into a vegetable steamer(as in cook them on the hob for 5 minutes
- Weave the slats into the frame, inserting the ends into the domino sockets
I am going to enjoy building this.. will make sure I get some progress shots and update as I go.
Merry Chrstmas to you all also.